Monday, June 10, 2013

Nook or Book?

With all the new technology that is being created in the world, e-readers were bound to be made. Nooks are indeed remarkable creations because they allow you to easily find the definition of a word and highlight key passages as your read just at the touch of a button. The ability to buy almost any book you want from one single device is fascinating. But yet, there are still many people who prefer to stick to the old fashioned books.

Books provide an easy way to mark the progress of your reading because you can easily see how many pages you have left. One thing I do not like about Nooks is that depending on the font size and margins you personalize, there may be more pages than there actually are in the book. For example, if I am reading a 300 page book, it could show that I have 500 pages to read because my font is bigger than the original font in the novel.

Despite these minor challenges, I think nooks are an easy way to sit down and read; they take away the struggle of going and buying a book from a bookstore. I think it is more just a personal choice of the reader if they lean more towards Nooks or Books. What do you prefer?

2 comments:

  1. Avni,

    I highly disagree with your assessment. I believe that books are the better form to use. Books just hold a smell, an aroma, and a feeling that brings back memories of curling up in the corner with a good read. They are timeless and i think that nooks and kindles will be the death of true paper books. I hope that those who share my belief will always be around but i worry. I understand why you like the kindle and/or nook, but i encourage you and all others to hold on to the tradition of the paper written novel.

    ije

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avni,
    You make great points on behalf of both the Nook and real book. I prefer reading an actual book. I agree with you how the page number situation can be a little annoying especially when you are reading on a deadline. I believe that e-readers are good for leisure reading and for traveling because they can store so many books but real books are the best for reading when they have a due date. Your blog was so creative in the way that you didn’t commit to either side but you asked the reader what they prefer!

    ReplyDelete